- The rules herein are subject to the requirements as stipulated under the “Guidelines for Catholic Intending Marriage” issued by the Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong. The Applicant should read the Guidelines for full details before submitting the application. A copy of which can be obtained from the website of the Diocese as follows :-
- The Applicant should obtain the registration form from the church office or download the forms from the church’s website. Completed forms should be returned to the church office during office hours (Mon – Sat 9:00am – 12:30pm and 2:00pm – 5:00pm). Upon receipt of the applications, applicant will be given a number in sequential orders.
- Priority is given to members of lay associations of Rosary Church and parishioners residing within the boundaries of Rosary Church. (Proof of address such as rates, demand notes, bank statements etc may be required).
- Each year in March, June and September there will be draws for members of lay associations of Rosary Church and parishioners residing within the boundaries of Rosary Church.
- Each year in April, July & October there will be draws to determine the listing numbers for the sequence of selection of the wedding dates among the applicants. For the applicants whose assigned listing numbers are successfully drawn in such sequence, and without prejudice to paragraphs 8 & 9 below, they can select their preferred wedding dates and times provided that such times and dates are not selected by other applicants whose listing numbers are in a higher rank of the drawn sequence. (The details of the dates of the draws and the available wedding dates and times will be posted on the church notice broad and the church’s website.)
- Once the sequence number is drawn, the holder of the number will be contacted by phone. As soon as a date and time is given, the holder should come to the church office for registration and payment of deposit. Deposits will not be refunded. Except in special circumstances approved in writing by the Parish Priest, the chosen date cannot be altered, or transferred. Therefore careful consideration should be taken when choosing the date.
- In the event of the demise of an immediate family members, or of documents pending approval etc, a scheduled wedding may be deferred, with the Parish Priest’s written approval. Alternately the wedding may be cancelled and the deposit returned.
- Each couple can submit only one application in each draw.
- No applications via telephone, e-mail or the internet will be accepted.
- Approval/rejection of the application and the determination of the priority of wedding dates/times shall be at the sole discretion of Rosary Church.
- Personal Data Collection Statement
- The personal data provided by means of this form will be used by the church office for the purposes of activities relating to the booking for wedding at this church and for facilitating communication between the church office and the applicant;
- The provision of personal data by means of this form is voluntary. If the applicant does not provide sufficient information, the church office may not be able to process the application.
- The personal data provided by means of this form may be disclosed to the Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong or other related organizations for the purposes mentioned in (i) above.
- Pursuant to sections 18 and 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, the applicant has a right of access and correction with respect to the personal data provided in this form.
- Enquires concerning the personal data collected by means of this form including the making of access and corrections, should be addressed in writing to The Church Office, Rosary Church, 125 Chatham Road South, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
God Bless !
Rosary Church, Kowloon
30 January 2010